On 8 October 2016 at 23:58, Xen <l...@xenhideout.nl> wrote:
> Colin Law schreef op 08-10-2016 18:29:

>>> And so whenever Linux can't do something, it is for security? Don't make
>>> me
>>> laugh.
>>

>> I think there is a difference between *can't* meaning is not able to
>> and *won't allow* meaning there is something specifically stopping
>> that from happening.  The *won't allow* features are generally for
>> security reasons.
>

> A root user also cannot do the things just mentioned.
>
> The required software does not exist, for the most part.
>
> There are also no security considerations whatsoever pertaining to the local
> system regarding the mounting of remote network shares on a user supplied
> home directory or equivalent. It is utter bull. You can make such
> generalized statements all you want but I hear nothing that actually
> addresses the topic.

I was not commenting on any particular topic, merely pointing out that
that Ralf (I think) said there are some things that Linux "does not
allow" and you answered this with a post referring to things that
Linux "can't" do and the two things are not the same. I also stated
that things that Linux will not allow are generally security related.

Is any of that untrue?

Colin