N: Can't drop privileges for downloading as file '/root/Downloads/ttf-mscorefonts-installer_3.6_all.deb' couldn't be accessed by user '_apt'. - pkgAcquire::Run (13: Permission denied)
    root@pandora:~/Downloads#

An error message at the very end of a long list of accomplished messages. Annoying! I don't understand it. I mean the required file is in that directory and I installed it as root. Why is there a permission problem?

On 09.12.2016 14:01, Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
On 2016-12-09 13:50, Hugh Walker wrote:
No professional, but one of the easiest solutions is to use the 3.6
ttf-mscorefonts-installer package rather than the 3.4 version.

wget http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/contrib/m/msttcorefonts/ttf-mscorefonts-installer_3.6_all.deb -P ~/Downloads

will download the package to your Downloads folder, and

sudo apt install ~/Downloads/ttf-mscorefonts-installer_3.6_all.deb

will install the package.

That is, if you are using at least Ubuntu 16.04, if using an earlier
version install the .deb package with gdebi, Software Centre or
whatever you use to install local deb packages.

Related bug: https://launchpad.net/bugs/1607535