Hi Philip,

On Tue, Jan 30, 2024 at 05:13:41PM -0700, Philip Prindeville wrote:
> Looking at the Perl, it doesn't seem like that difficult a change to make.
>
> Is it worth filing a bug, and how likely is this to be fixed?

Thank you for the suggestion.

This doesn't sound like something we'd want to maintain in Ubuntu
separately from Debian, but if Debian does it then we would follow. In
particular it could be really confusing for users if ordering were
different between Debian and Ubuntu for the same configuration.

I suggest you file a bug against the package (libpam-runtime) in Debian
to seek the maintainer's opinion there.

HTH,

Robie