= 2011-02-03 Meeting Minutes =

== Old Business ==

 * Old business - all
  * Xubuntu marketing plans - carried forward
  * We need to start webpage item for marketing

== Team updates ==

=== Packaging & Development ===

 * Xfce4.8.1 has a few package updates. all the 4.8.1 packages are
   mainly bug fixes.
 * We do not have an official PPA for Xfce4.8 to add it to Xubuntu
   10.10 or 10.04. The individual ppa's available are unofficial by
   people not associated with Xubuntu or Xfce

=== Bug Triage & Testing ===

 * We have kept the number of new bugs level this week.
 * Testing of the Natty Alpha2 images went great!
  * Thanks to knome and j1mc for helping with it
 * thunderbird-locales in lucid-proposed passed verification,
   maverick-proposed still needs testing
 * Firefox 3.6.14 (Hardy-Maverick) and Thunderbird 3.1.8 (Lucid and
   Maverick) are available here for testing:
   https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-mozilla-security/+archive/ppa, they'll
   be released next week when Mozilla releases if there are no issues

=== Website & Marketing ===

 * Suggestion from ochosi - it would be great if the first page would
   show the slideshow that is shown during installation.

=== Artwork ===

 * The proposed generic icons for default apps in xubuntu are now being
   discussed.
  * An incomplete icon list is
   http://wiki.knome.fi/xubuntu:generic_app_icons , inputs are welcome.
  * Some of the icons in Elementary have been taken from Humanity,
   mostly copied over.. and if just copied over, they should be
   attributed ;)
 * we now a a list of what is happening with gmusicbrowser at
   http://wiki.knome.fi/xubuntu:natty_gmb

== Updates for Xubuntu 10.04.2 ==

 * We will be testing the images for 10.04.2 February 15
 * We have documentation that is actually for 10.04

== Discuss default applications to be used in Natty ==

 * gmusicbrowser will replace exaile
  * Grab the gmusicbrowser from the ppa for testing. It is greatly
   improved over the repositories
   * https://launchpad.net/~shimmerproject/+archive/ppa
  * does shimmer gmb theme work on small screens now?
 * firefox will remain the default browser
 * thunderbird will remoain the default mail client
 * still to be decided - lightdm to replace gdm

== Announcements ==

 * Natty Narwhal Alpha2 will release today

== Any Other Business ==

 * Next meeting is in one week, Frebruary 10, #ubuntu-meeting, at 19:00
   UTC.
 *
   [[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings/Archive/Minutes/2011-02-03
   | Meeting log]]

== Action items for the 2011-02-03 meeting ==

 * thunderbird-locales needs testing in lucid-proposed
  * Launchpad bug 705028 in thunderbird-locales (Ubuntu Natty) "Update
   Thunderbird translations to 3.1.7" [Wishlist,Triaged]
   https://launchpad.net/bugs/705028
 * discussion about generic icons to replace existing brand icons needs
   to be on ML

- --
Charlie Kravetz
Xubuntu Project Lead