= 2011-02-10 Meeting Minutes =

== Old Business ==

 * Old business - all
  * Xubuntu marketing plans - carried forward
  * We need to start either a ML item or webpage item for marketing

== Team updates ==

=== Packaging & Development ===

 * A few syncs/merges from debian experimental (now that squeeze is
   released, xfce 4.8 is being uploaded)
 * Some bugfixes on xubuntu-default-settings, and a few patches
   submitted upstream to fix some minor issues
 * Natty deadline for any updates is Feb 24th for non-bugfix

=== Bug Triage & Testing ===

 * We tested and released Natty Narwhal Alpha2! Great job, and many
   thanks to everybody that helped

=== Website & Marketing ===

 * Suggestion from ochosi - it would be great if the first page would
   show the slideshow that is shown during installation.
 * Template for new website design:
   http://temp.knome.fi/xubuntu/xubuntu1104c.png
  * the idea is to go with the new branding, and in general make the
   intro page simple and clean
 * it was also suggested that we make the news items more interesting,
   get more creative with something like "alpha 3 released - now with
   shiny chromium theme!"
 * ochosi to write an article about artwork due for news on website

=== Artwork ===

 * ochosi has been working pretty hard lately to make the resize-grip
   less obnoxious
 * ochosi and knome will put together some logo designs to be discussed
   as the menu icon
 * The proposed generic icons for default apps in xubuntu are now being
   discussed.
  * [VOTE] This is to determine use of a generic icon in the launchers,
   while keeping the brand icon in the menu
   * 4 for, 2 against, motion carried to use generic icons
  * [ACTION] ochosi and mr_pouit will change panel launchers to generic
   icons
 * if we have dropped the word "Applications" from the menu, we need to
   update the docs again

== Updates for Xubuntu 10.04.2 ==

 * We will be testing the images for 10.04.2 February 15

== Announcements ==

 * Natty Narwhal Alpha2 will release today

== Any Other Business ==

 * hunderbird-locales still needs testing in maverick-proposed if
   anyone had time
 * Next meeting is in one week, Frebruary 17, #ubuntu-meeting, at 19:00
   UTC.
 *
   [[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings/Archive/Minutes/2011-02-10
   | Meeting log]]

== Action items for the 2011-02-10 meeting ==

 * ochosi and knome will put together some logo designs to be discussed
   as the menu icon
 * ochosi and mr_pouit will change panel launchers to generic icons
 * ochosi to write an article about artwork due for news on website

== Carried Forward ==

Please see the [[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Xubuntu_2010-01-10
| previous log]]

=== Xubuntu Governance ===

 * The governancy part of the current Strategy Document can be found at
   [[Xubuntu/StrategyDocument#Xubuntu Governance & Team Structure]]
 * The Xubuntu project will advance towards a Council-based governance
   approach.

=== The Xubuntu Council ===

 * The Council size should be 5 members, with one of them being the PL.
 * PL will have a vote in every voting in the Council, not just as a
   tie-breaker.
 * The 4 members in the Council in addition to the PL should be
   selected by the existing Xubuntu Contributors.
 * The appropriate Team Lead can be the tiebreaker in a vote, but only
   if PL is absent.
 * The council should *aim* to have balanced membership across the
   different aspects/teams of Xubuntu.
 * The council should be named/selected after every LTS release. Thus,
   every season lasts for 2 years.

- --
Charlie Kravetz
Xubuntu Project Lead