Hi there --

Xubuntu is not my primary distro, but it's one I use more than
occasionally (hence, it's why I'm on this list).

Rather than reinventing the wheel, you might want to take a look at
how other distros handle marketing. One that does a good job of it is
Fedora:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing

This marketing team works hand in hand with an Ambassador team that
promotes Fedora:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors

Like Fedora or not, they do a pretty good job in promoting FOSS and
Fedora, sometimes in that order.

[Truth in advertising: I worked with the Fedora Project on the
Ambassador program for about three years, until leaving recently to
pursue other FOSS-related ventures.]

As an aside, we are holding a Lindependence event to coincide with
Software Freedom Day in September. We rent a local church hall and
invite representatives from various distros to come and show off their
work. I would welcome the opportunity to have Xubuntu represented.

Larry Cafiero
The Lindependence Project