On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 7:37 AM, Larry Cafiero <larry.cafi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Rather than reinventing the wheel, you might want to take a look at
> how other distros handle marketing. One that does a good job of it is
> Fedora:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing

In a similar vein, I've been watching this thread go by thinking we
could piggy-back on top of Ubuntu marketing. I'd love to see more
(some?) Xubuntu stuff on spreadubuntu.org.

We're also in the middle of getting a test site together for a
migration of xubuntu.org to wordpress, perhaps once that's done we can
also add a "promote xubuntu" page to the site? We don't exactly make
it easy for folks who already support us to get ahold of our logos
(you have to search on our wiki) and other things so people can put
"badges" on their blogs and things.

> As an aside, we are holding a Lindependence event to coincide with
> Software Freedom Day in September. We rent a local church hall and
> invite representatives from various distros to come and show off their
> work. I would welcome the opportunity to have Xubuntu represented.

I was planning on coming anyway :) so I'd be happy to do some Xubuntu
showing off.

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com