On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 4:06 AM, Jeremy Bicha <jer...@bicha.net> wrote:
> I don't see how gaining this extra title encourages additional
> involvement. Maybe if the title meant something...

In my experience, people like to have their contributions acknowledged.

And yes, it doesn't mean much now. I readily admitted that. I was
suggesting that we, the community of Ubuntu developers, should bestow
meaning on it socially. If people felt that becoming a UCD was a sign
of acknowledgement from the community for their contributions and
something that would ease their path to motu, then it would have
meaning.

-- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio

   Ubuntu Developer <https://launchpad.net/~andrewsomething>
   Debian Contributor