On 01/17/2012 06:02 PM, Oliver Grawert wrote:
> hi,
> On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 17:44:27 +0100
> Chase Douglas <chase.doug...@canonical.com> wrote:
>>> could you also make sure to make your PPA build for armhf (which is
>>> likely to be the supported arm subarch for precice (to be decided at
>>> feature freeze) ?
>>
>> I don't know how to do that. I'll ask, but I would guess the answer is
>> no at this point due to the newness of armhf in Ubuntu.
>>
> it is the matter of filing one RT ticket and waiting a few days for IS
> and a LOSA to enable the arch for the respective PPA, if it already
> builds armel it is a no-brainer to also enable armhf ...

It should build for armhf now :).

> the important part for us is that if you start the transition now, can
> you guarantee that all packages are in order for the alpha2 milestone on
> armhf without having them built in the PPA ?
> our image builds indeed depend on the package dependencies
> being correct in the archive and we don't want to risk missing alpha2
> due to this transition.
> armhf is our poposed default arch for precise and there are high chances
> that arm might even be an LTS this time round so we urgently need the
> testing of the last milestone before feature freeze where we plan to
> make the final decision about the default arm arch.

Hopefully we have all the arches covered (amd64, i386, powerpc, armel,
armhf). We would only pocket copy if we are not in a milestone freeze.
Pocket copying should take a small amount of time, less than an hour I
believe.

For Alpha 2, we have a soft freeze on Monday, January 30th. Our hope is
to have everything uploaded to the PPA in the next day or so. Build
times would then be added on top (but at least buildds work on weekends
and through the night without complaining :). My guess is that if we
don't have any issues we would be doing the pocket copy around the
beginning of next week. That's one week before the Alpha 2 soft freeze.

Sound good?

-- Chase