Hi, a few more questions,

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Martin Pitt <martin.p...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> I don't think you need to write anything in that regard. If you
> implement a GUI for KDE which displays available drivers and offers to
> install them, you should either use the PackageKit WhatProvides() API
> (which allows you to submit that code upstream, as it works for all
> distros), or directly use the methods in UbuntuDrivers.detect (they do
> not need any special privileges) to get the list of packages, and then
> use QApt to get these packages installed.
>
> Martin

So UbuntuDrivers.detect will be useful for getting a list of available
driver packages. But how will presentation/selection of drivers be
handled? Does each package represent a driver, and information to be
displayed to the user be derived from that? (I'm going by the design
from the wiki linked to by the blueprint)  And for cases where
multiple drivers per device are available, how will the frontends for
this handle grouping of packages by device? These were all questions
I've come up with when I sat down to do an implementation of a
frontend, and realized I did not have the answers for.

Thanks,
Jonathan