Hi,

On 12 October 2012 01:12, Bryce Harrington <br...@canonical.com> wrote:
> We are introducing new 'experimental' driver packages for NVIDIA, which
> will be available via the Additional Hardware Drivers setup tool for
> 12.04 user (and 12.10 too).  These packages will provide NVIDIA's beta
> drivers, which are required for certain commercial games.
>
> There is an nvidia-experimental-304 package which isn't really a beta

Nvidia 304.x driver is required not only for gamers, but also for
people having new video cards (it's my case).

I've a Nvidia GT 640 and it's not supported by default on 12.04.
I had to use a PPA repository to install the 304.x driver so I was
able to use this video card.

I think it should be upgraded in the LTS too, not only in a PPA.

Regards,

--
Andrea Grandi -  Software Engineer / Qt Ambassador
Ubuntu Member: https://launchpad.net/~andreagrandi