Hi,

On 12 October 2012 01:12, Bryce Harrington <br...@canonical.com> wrote:
> We are introducing new 'experimental' driver packages for NVIDIA, which
> will be available via the Additional Hardware Drivers setup tool for
> 12.04 user (and 12.10 too).  These packages will provide NVIDIA's beta
> drivers, which are required for certain commercial games.

I don't know if/what you really introduced in 12.10, but I must tell
you that today, after upgrading from 12.04 to 12.10 (I was using
Nvidia drivers from X-Swat PPA) my GeForce GT 640 stopped working
properly :(

Now I've installed 304.51 from the Ubuntu repository, but the problem
persists: even if I'm using the Nvidia driver, the maximum screen
resolution is 1024x768 and it should be 1680x1050.

If I can't fix this ASAP I will have to reinstall 12.04 and use X-Swat PPA!

Regards,

--
Andrea Grandi -  Software Engineer / Qt Ambassador
Ubuntu Member: https://launchpad.net/~andreagrandi