Hello everybody,

at UDS we had an interesting discussion about how we can help new
contributors find their first steps and their first tasks to get
involved with Ubuntu. The short summary of the session was:

 - It's important to provide contributors with a succession of
   steps which lead to having a bug fixed in Ubuntu.
 - It's also important to give contributors a feeling for
   progressing in terms of skills.
 - We had success with
   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/BugFixingInitiative
   the last cycle, but an automated solution would be better.

The whiteboard of
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/community-r-dev-tasks-definition
lists a number of tasks we could think of. For the future we want to
link to opportunity lists in Harvest (harvest.ubuntu.com) and we'll work
towards having other opportunities in Harvest as well.

It would be great if you could help us identify further tasks which we
could then classify as 'very easy, 'easy', 'medium', etc. Lintian tags
for example would be easy to extract and feed into Harvest.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--
Get involved in Ubuntu development! developer.ubuntu.com/packaging
And follow @ubuntudev on identi.ca/twitter.com/facebook.com/gplus.to