Hi all,

As Daniel recently announce, the new Sphinx-based Ubuntu Packaging
Guide [0] has recently reached a major milestone. It is now fully
translated and available in Spanish. [1] Good progress is currently
being made on making it available in other languages as well. [2]
Another major milestone is on the horizon. We are about to take the
next step in phasing out the old wiki-based packaging guide
completely.

At UDS-R, it was decided that the new guide has reached a mature
enough state to officially deprecate the wiki-based guide. [3] The
current plan is to:

1) Send a last-call anouncement to ubuntu-devel requesting bug reports
about any missing material. Announce steps 2 and 3 will take place
after one month.
2) Move the entire PackagingGuide wiki namespace en masse to
PackagingGuideDeprecated.
3) Redirect wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide to
developer.ubuntu.com/packaging/html/
4) After six months (one full development cycle)
PackagingGuideDeprecated will be deleted.

This is the mail referred to in step 1. In one month, I will move the
entire PackagingGuide wiki namespace enmass to
PackagingGuideDeprecated and set up a redirect. If you feel that there
are any critical pieces of information that are missing from the
Sphinx-based Ubuntu Packaging Guide, now is the time to file bugs (and
provide patches). [4]

Many thanks to all the contributors who have helped to get the Ubuntu
Packaging Guide in such great shape!

[0] http://developer.ubuntu.com/packaging/html/
[1]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-announce/2012-December/000997.html