On Dec 18, 2012, at 02:08 AM, Scott Kitterman wrote:

>2.  For developers that have a significant interest in a specific package, we
>generally recommend that they submit that package to Debian (although it
>might be accepted to Ubuntu first).  Debian doesn't use Ubuntu UDD (in fact
>the acronym UDD has a completely different meaning in a Debian context).  So
>if developers learn UDD style packaging they have to learn a new set of tools
>to work with Debian.

I'm positive I'm not typical, but I personally find Ubuntu development so much
more pleasant than Debian development that I'll use the Debian branches on
Launchpad for 90% of my on Debian work.  It's only at the "last mile" that
I'll switch over to e.g. DPMT's or PAPT's svn repo, or file a patch on a BTS
issue (generated, of course with `bzr diff`).

Heck, I'd even accept using git <gulp!> if Debian had anything as comfortable
as UDD for me.

Cheers,
-Barry