Hello,

On 18.12.2012 01:52, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> UDD is not mature or reliable enough to be presented to new users as "the"
> way to do packaging for Ubuntu.  I think the current guide is fatally flawed
> as is.
>
> As soon as a branch is out of date, new users are lost.

while out-of-date branches and other bits and pieces around UDD are a
problem, can we please make them a separate discussion?

We can certainly have a discussion about our Development Guide and what
we recommend in which way. The reality and motivation of the current
discussion is that two guides are simply confusing and that the Wiki
documentation hasn't been touched or updated in any meaningful way in ages.

I'd suggest we agree on one guide and then figure out what we recommend,
rewrite or improve in there. This shouldn't be a blocker for obsoleting
one of the guides.

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--
Get involved in Ubuntu development! developer.ubuntu.com/packaging
And follow @ubuntudev on identi.ca/twitter.com/facebook.com/gplus.to