On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 07:13:43PM +0100, Siegfried-Angel Gevatter Pujals wrote:
> It's great to hear that voice recognition in Ubuntu is finally getting some
> love :).

> The English Voxforge models are currently packaged in julius-voxforge.
> There I did go with the nightly builds there, since in addition to the time
> and disk size (which IMHO is already enough of a reason), it needed HTK to
> build, which is not redistributable. It'd also be interested in more
> opinions though.

In terms of freeness of the OS, depending on non-redistributable tools for
building the data files is more of an issue than whether we actually process
them at package build time.  Is this a julius-specific requirement, or does
it also affect sphinx?

slanga...@ubuntu.com                                     vor...@debian.org