On Thursday, February 28, 2013 07:31:49 AM Rick Spencer wrote:
> Daily Quality means that developers can ensure their components are stable
> and useful before they upload, and our processes protect us from most
> mistakes these days. The result is that 13.04 has been as robust a release
> over the last many weeks as 12.10 was when we delivered. We have achieved
> rolling release quality in our development practices, so we can capitalize
> on this capability now.

Don't forget that Debian has been in Freeze throughout this time.  Once Wheezy
is released, we will start getting a lot more, less mature, packages via
Debian sync.   ~75% of the archive comes from Debian unmodified in Ubuntu and
the experience during 13.04 development with packages from Debian is definitely
atypical.

Also, it is normal to upload beta releases to the development series.  It's a
simple fact that they are not going to be as polished as we'd like for regular
users.  You can beat the daily quality drum all you want for Canonical
sponsored development effort, but that's not where most of our software comes
from.

Scott K