I've added "latest" symlinks alongside the existing "current" on
cdimage.ubuntu.com (e.g.
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntukylin/daily-live/latest/).  The intent
of this is that "latest" will continue always pointing to the very
latest build, while "current" will point to the latest build that has
passed automatic smoke-tests.  The latter is not yet implemented, so
"current" is always the same as "latest" right now, but I hope to get
this working soon.

If you maintain tools that need to get hold of the very latest image
regardless of smoke-testing - an obvious example would be the
smoke-testing tools themselves - then please update your configuration
to point to "latest" rather than "current".  Otherwise, you should not
need to make any changes, and the only observed difference once we get
the test integration up and running should be that there are fewer days
when the current image is an obvious dud.

The test integration will probably be via an ssh trigger executed by
Jenkins at the end of a successful test.  Of course this only works for
Canonical-maintained flavours where we run automatic smoke-testing of
images, and a test system run by somebody else wouldn't be able to ssh
to the relevant machine to update the symlink.  However, that isn't to
say that we couldn't fall back to polling a URL occasionally for status,
or something along those lines.  If you do QA work on a community
flavour and think that this is something you could set up, please talk
to me about your requirements and I'll be happy to see what we can do.
If an image has no smoke-testing configured for it, then the "current"
symlink will just carry on as it is.

Finally, as an implementation detail, "current" may sometimes need to be
a directory rather than a symlink, for example in the case where only
some architectures pass smoke-testing.  Hopefully nobody is relying on
this since you can't tell the difference between a directory and a
symlink to a directory over HTTP anyway and can only tell via rsync, but
if you are relying on this, you should stop.

Cheers,

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwat...@ubuntu.com]