On Fri, Jul 01, 2022 at 11:54:12AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 01, 2022 at 01:40:53PM -0500, William Wilson wrote:
> > Steve,
>
> > Thank you for your work on this. I apologize for the lack of detail in my
> > earlier email. In order to get g-g-j-pgtype to build in my PPA with
> > g-g-j-pgx version 3.x, I had to change a line in d/control. I changed the
> > dependency "golang-github-jackc-pgx-v4-dev" to
> > "golang-github-jackc-pgx-dev" which is the name of the binary package from
> > version 3.x. It then built successfully in a PPA:
> > https://launchpad.net/~jawn-smith/+archive/ubuntu/devel-proposed/+packages
>
> > So I may have misunderstood Bryce's instructions. I was under the
> > impression I could:
>
> >    1. Build the modified pgtype package with the dependency change (and
> >    some version number like 1.10.0-0ubuntu1)
> >    2. Build the pgx package now that the pgtype package is no longer in NEW
> >    3. Re-sync the pgtype package from Debian and have it build with the now
> >    available pgx-v4 package
>
> > Is this not correct? If this is correct can you please delete the pgtype
> > package again so I can upload the modified version?
>
> Yes, the above is all correct but was not apparent to me given that Bryce
> referred to version 1.10.0-3 and you appeared to be confirming that you got
> this version building.  I think it's fine for you to upload this to the
> archive as 1.10.0-3ubuntu1, and then we can copy-package 1.10.0-4 over it.

Sorry, yes that was a bit ambiguous.  By 'prepare' I was trying to imply
that's where some delta might be introduced, but the version number did
sound like I might be suggesting a sync.  In any case, glad to see it was
enough clue to get William on the path to a solution.  And thanks again
for the quick response, Vorlon.

Bryce