2010/1/7 Jonathan Lange <j...@canonical.com>:
> For almost any of the decisions made on Launchpad, there isn't much in
> the way of documentation as to why they were made that way.
> Permissions is not an exception here.
>
> Most of the people I talk to admit that the Launchpad permission
> system is haphazard, confusing and patchily implemented. What we
> really need are concrete next steps, or even better, people willing to
> spend time on fixing the problem.
>
> That said, this isn't really the mailing list to talk about Launchpad
> permission problems.

I had an idea about how we could handle this systematically, which I
posted to the launchpad-dev list, in case anyone wants to follow it up
over there.  (I don't know enough about lp to say whether it's
feasible, but I liked it, and I now see jml did too.)

<https://lists.launchpad.net/launchpad-dev/msg02157.html>

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>