On Feb 10, 2010, at 01:58 PM, Jonathan Lange wrote:

>In a previous discussion about Ubuntu distributed development, someone
>suggested that we graph the number of Ubuntu branches that share
>history with upstream.

I'd love to know this too.  ISTM that making this more common would be a good
thing.  As LP tracks more upstream branches, how can we use those branches and
UDD principles and tools to make it much easier to package upstreams for
Ubuntu, and to update them as the upstreams evolve?

Of course you don't want to just take any upstream revision, so you have to
track tags and such.  It might get complicated and difficult for some
projects.  But I suspect you could still handle a lot of projects easily (go
for the low-hanging fruit).

-Barry