Quoting Scott Kitterman (ubu...@kitterman.com):
> On Tuesday, March 20, 2012 10:56:27 AM Andreas Hasenack wrote:
> > So apparently a package update can be prepared using udd, released
> > into the archive, and the packaging branch still be out of date:
> >
> > """
> > $ bzr branch
> > ubuntu:landscape-client landscape-client-12.04-0ubuntu1
> > Most recent Ubuntu version: 12.04-0ubuntu1
> >

> > Packaging branch version: 11.07.1.1-0ubuntu2
> > Packaging branch status: OUT-OF-DATE
> > Branched 40 revisions.
> > $
> > """
> >
> > It's like it was released before being committed.
> >
> > What should I do if I want to prepare another fix? Wait? Ping someone
> > to commit and then branch again? Do it with debdiffs and not worry
> > about branches anymore?
> >
> > I emailed ubuntu-devel-discuss and someone told me that somebody has
> > to manually commit to the udd branch, and that this is normal.
>
> It's normal for there to be some delay.  It will (normally) be automatically
> updated from what was uploaded.  The only way there isn't some delay is if
> someone manually commits the branch.
>
> I'm not sure how much delay is considered normal these days.

For some packages, the auto importer refuses to run.  So I manually go
into the checked-out tree and do 'bzr import-dsc <next-version.dsc>, one
version at a time, until it's caught up.  Then push.  If there was just
a one-time import error, this will get past it.  If the importer just
refuses to run because of errors in older releases, then you just have to
do this every time if you want to enable UDD.

(You can find the .dsc links from the pad.lv/u/packagename page by following
the 'view full publishing history at the right)

-serge