On 03/20/2012 11:31 AM, James Westby wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 10:00 -0400, Scott Kitterman
> <ubu...@kitterman.com> wrote:
>> On Tuesday, March 20, 2012 10:56:27 AM Andreas Hasenack wrote:
>>> So apparently a package update can be prepared using udd,
>>> released into the archive, and the packaging branch still be
>>> out of date:
>>>
>>> """ $ bzr branch ubuntu:landscape-client
>>> landscape-client-12.04-0ubuntu1 Most recent Ubuntu version:
>>> 12.04-0ubuntu1
>>>

>>> Packaging branch version: 11.07.1.1-0ubuntu2 Packaging branch
>>> status: OUT-OF-DATE Branched 40 revisions. $ """
>>>
>>> It's like it was released before being committed.
>>>
>>> What should I do if I want to prepare another fix? Wait? Ping
>>> someone to commit and then branch again? Do it with debdiffs
>>> and not worry about branches anymore?
>>>
>>> I emailed ubuntu-devel-discuss and someone told me that
>>> somebody has to manually commit to the udd branch, and that
>>> this is normal.
>>
>> It's normal for there to be some delay.  It will (normally) be
>> automatically updated from what was uploaded.  The only way there
>> isn't some delay is if someone manually commits the branch.
>>
>> I'm not sure how much delay is considered normal these days.
>
> The logs show that this package was updated at
>
> Time (UTC): 2012-03-20 13:07
>
> Approximately 14 hours after the upload.
>
> The reason for this is that the importer was throttled a week or so
> ago in order to help tracking down a service that was overloading
> Launchpad. That service was found and corrected but the importer
> was never turned back up to a reasonable speed. I've just done
> that now. Apologies for the delay.

Hi, can you take another look? It seems there is a delay again:

$ bzr branch ubuntu:landscape-client precise-already-done
Most recent Ubuntu version: 12.04.3-0ubuntu1

Packaging branch version: 12.04.2-0ubuntu1
Packaging branch status: OUT-OF-DATE
Branched 44 revisions.

There is an error for it in the package importer:
http://package-import.ubuntu.com/status/landscape-client.html#2012-03-30
06:12:01.518169

bzrlib.errors.UnknownErrorFromSmartServer: Server sent an unexpected
error: ('error', 'xmlrpclib.Fault', "<Fault -1: 'Unexpected Zope
exception: RequestExpired: request expired.'>")

- --
Andreas Hasenack
andr...@canonical.com