Tim, talking about Plymouth I've come up with this: http://cl.ly
/image/273Q3r3y130I
I think it's simple and is informative enough about what's going on the
system. The problem is that *I know nothing about Plymouth scripting*. Some
help from someone with experience may be truly appreciated.

On the other side, *Ubiquity Slideshow is a piece of cake*, it's very easy
to edit and test. I haven't started yet, but it shouldn't take a lot of
time. However I would not expect 13.10 slides to be localised into more
languages than English.

PS. If I don't find anyone to help with Plymouth theming, it will have to
wait for 14.04. Contrarily, Ubiquity Slideshow will definitely be finished
before UI freeze (19th of Sept, AFAIK).

Regards,
Alfredo.