Hi,

On Sat, 2013-09-14 at 02:37 +0200, Alfredo Hernández wrote:
> I remember those on GNOME 3.6, but since 3.8, all the password
> dialogues were able to be closed from a button or by typing Esc.

It is not that the dialog is not closing at all. My problem is with the
modal version of the dialog through gnome-shell that does not allow me
to copy a password from my password manager into the dialog without
having it already in the clipboard.

> May you be more specific on the situation the dialogues show up?

For example when setting up a new account in evolution or evolution
sometimes forgets passwords for some reason and a dialog to enter the
google password for one or more of my many calenders appears. This
dialog however blocks the whole screen so I can't open my password
manager.

What I would like to have back is a normal window so I can still open my
password manager even when an application asks for a password or a WIFI
key as another example.

Cheers,

Michael