Hello,
I will be helping with the testing of VV on my desktop (I need to replace
the hard drive on it anyway so installing a fresh OS is not a bad idea). Of
course, I will report the progress on the QA Tracker I just need to find
the time to do that this week.

I will be pushing for more active QA testers on our social media channels
and within my personal contacts.

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 9:23 AM, Ali/amjjawad <amjja...@gnome.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm going to send this 'before' starting any blueprints for 15.04 cycle.
> This is part of a plan [1] I have in mind for Ubuntu GNOME as a whole but
> let's start from one of the most important parts, that is QA :)
>
> Long story short, the model of one-man-task is simply (at least IMHO) a
> key to failure while the model of community and team-work is simply (again,
> at least IMHO) a key to success.
>
> Why?!
>
> Because:
> *ALL* of us are *smarter* than anyone of us.
>
> That said, starting from the QA team of Ubuntu GNOME, I'd like to propose
> this:
>
> Instead of one-man take the burden of this team on his shoulder, why not
> more are involved (phase 1)? and why not the whole team is involved (phase
> 2)?
>
> Simply, this is not Ali-QA-UbuntuGNOME nor Tim-QA-UbuntuGNOME ... there
> 'must' be a 'team' and there must be a 'community' efforts.
>
> What does that mean?
>
> *It means, QA team should have MORE than just one driver. One driver is
> not enough at all. *
>
> There is this team on Launchpad:
> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugnome-qa
>

> With 29 members:
> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugnome-qa/+members#active
>
> I see no logical reason why there is only one man handling most if not all
> the main tasks within this team? it means there is something wrong ...
>
> So, either we work as a team or we delete that team and there is
> absolutely no need to it.
>
> If the choice is mine, I'd step in and share the burden and move forward
> with 'better' quality. Having everything between one-man-hands is just not
> right. I could write a long list of reasons but I'm 100% sure I don't
> really have to as I'm 100% sure you all can understand and figure out what
> I'm trying to explain here.

> More and further information can be discussed later with only interested
> and serious people.
>
> NOTE:
> This is not taking over the QA Team, this is an invite to share the burden
> and drive this team as a community/team.
>
> Good night!
>
> [1] - http://amjjawad.net/my-ultimate-goal/
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> Ali/amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>
> *Remember: *"All of us are smarter than any one of us."
>
> Ubuntu GNOME OneStopPage <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/OneStopPage>
> http://torios.org - StartUbuntu <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StartUbuntu> -
> http://amjjawad.net
>
> <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/GetUbuntuGNOME>