On 18/12/14 06:14, Bruce Pieterse wrote:

> [...]
>> to failure while the model of community and team-work is simply
>> (again, at least IMHO) a key to success.
>>
>> Why?!
>>
>> Because:
>> *ALL* of us are *smarter* than anyone of us.
>>
>> That said, starting from the QA team of Ubuntu GNOME, I'd like to propose
>> this:
>>
>> Instead of one-man take the burden of this team on his shoulder, why not
>> more are involved (phase 1)? and why not the whole team is involved
>> (phase 2)?
>>
>> Simply, this is not Ali-QA-UbuntuGNOME nor Tim-QA-UbuntuGNOME ... there
>> 'must' be a 'team' and there must be a 'community' efforts.
>>
>> What does that mean?
>>
>> *It means, QA team should have MORE than just one driver. One driver is not
>> enough at all. *
>>
>> There is this team on Launchpad:
>> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugnome-qa
>> <https://launchpad.net/%7Eubuntugnome-qa>
>>

>> With 29 members:
>> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugnome-qa/+members#active
>> <https://launchpad.net/%7Eubuntugnome-qa/+members#active>
>>
>> I see no logical reason why there is only one man handling most if not all
>> the main tasks within this team? it means there is something wrong ...
>>
>> So, either we work as a team or we delete that team and there is absolutely
>> no need to it.
>>
>> If the choice is mine, I'd step in and share the burden and move forward
>> with 'better' quality. Having everything between one-man-hands is
>> just not right. I could write a long list of reasons but I'm 100% sure I
>> don't really have to as I'm 100% sure you all can understand and
>> figure out what I'm trying to explain here.

>> More and further information can be discussed later with only interested and
>> serious people.
>>
>> NOTE:
>> This is not taking over the QA Team, this is an invite to share the burden
>> and drive this team as a community/team.
>>
>> Good night!
>>
>> [1] - http://amjjawad.net/my-ultimate-goal/
>>
>> --
>> Best Regards,
>> Ali/amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>
>> *Remember: *"All of us are smarter than any one of us."
>>
>> Ubuntu GNOME OneStopPage <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/OneStopPage>
>> http://torios.org - StartUbuntu <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StartUbuntu> -
>> http://amjjawad.net
>>

> Hi Ali,
>
> I don't mind stepping up for QA Acting Team Leader. If you have any
> notes/resources to share with me that goes into a cycle, please do share.
> I'm also helping out with testing and bug triaging as well now.
>
> As a new comer to the entire QA process, information currently seems
> scattered and I ideally would like to document the entire cycle process
> for QA (without duplicating any thing that is out there already) in one or
> few pages for anybody that would also like to participate in the QA

There is plenty of documentation on the actual testing, but I don't think there
is anything relating to the overall QA process, partly because
so far the QA team hasn't participated in much apart from testing and/or me Ali
have been doing them. Obviously there is more to it than just
testing though!