I don't think people are particularly interested in team changes. What they want to know is what is being done about Ubuntu GNOME itself, what they can look forward to, and not who's the leader of this section, that section and so on. The user spotlight is a good idea though since it shows appreciation.

Reporting over the Wiki doesn't sound like a good idea at all. A better idea would be to create a separate blog that would serve this purpose.

A Wiki is a knowledge base, not a news feed.

Alternatively you could use social media for this. Would be about time it was used for something more relevant than cats and dog pictures. 😉 You know, to show most people what a proper news feed should look like.

Sent using CloudMagic