El 25 de octubre de 2015 08:26:55 GMT+00:00, Narcis Garcia
<informat...@actiu.net> escribió:
>I recommend you to to try*:
>
>1. Boot from Live CD/USB
>2. Perform a memory test (boot menu)
>3. IF memtest completed clean, then boot again with Live CD/USB
>4. +IF target partition (/dev/sda1?) is mountable, THEN:
>4.1. Make a complete backup of all directories & files
>4.2. Run a complete reparation**: fsck -cy /dev/sda1

This is where I left off
Thanks! Had not done with -cy or -ccy. I learnt the -y is critical one. Last
time I put a 1D6 and a paper wieght to hold the Y key down.

>4.3. Make a second backup of all directories & files repaired

If it is mounted but not writable as Tim pointed out, what is the solution?

>After fsck check, you can ask how many bad blocks were marked:
>dumpe2fs -b /dev/sda1 2>&1 | grep -ive 'dumpe2fs' | wc -l

After how many would you consider the drive to be ready for failure? Or do I
let disc utility figure that out.

>(*) This recipe (as other procedures) can loss your data. I cannot sure
>you this procedure as valid without having direct access to computer.

Good warning thanks!

>(**) -cy perfoms a read only check. To perform a read&write check you
>can use -ccy (even more long in hours)
>

>El 25/10/15 a les 08:54, Tim ha escrit:
>>

>> On 25/10/15 10:55, Andrés Muñiz Piniella wrote:
>Piniella"

>into
>gives
>hardware.

>check
>any

>and

>Running an
>>> A bit of an update I ran fsck and it seemed to fix some stuff and I
>managed to see some of the Ubuntu-gnome instalation files from my other
>partition. Helped me do som minor backup.
>>>
>>> I did a grub update,
>>> I then tried to boot into Ubuntu gnome
>>>
>>> Some pictures of the commands I tried:
>>>
>>> https://my.owndrive.com/index.php/s/oU4tCqFjlLP11Ac
>>>
>>> https://my.owndrive.com/index.php/s/9XbnCxaYHgAwP9G
>>>
>>> https://my.owndrive.com/index.php/s/aoeeTyhdOdODVdx
>>>
>>> Seems that I can do updates it is just not mounted? Can't reboot
>properly.
>>>
>>> Any pointers will be helpful.
>> Your partition is mounted read-only by the looks of it.
>>>

>--

Thank you Tim and Narcís.
--
RichmondMakerlabs.uk