In our home-office we manage a daily e-mail newsletter, and have just
brought our entire archive over from Eudora in Windows, over to
Thunderbird in Feisty. But we are facing a serious problem, because our
own daily newsletter when we send it out and ourselves receive a copy of
it, we need to be able to make annotations on it for filing purposes. It
is of critical importance. And Thunderbird does not permit writing on
incoming mail. Neither does Evolution. Is there any e-mail software for
Linux which allows writing on INCOMING MAIL (i.e. on mail which has
arrived into the inbox)??

If I may say, we are in desperate need of any such e-mail program that
will allow us to write in the subject header of incoming mail, as well
as to make certain notes in the body of the mail as well.

If anyone knows of an extension or adaptation which would allow for such
annotations to be made in Thunderbird on INCOMING MAIL, please let us
know. Otherwise we will need to change to another software, and
unfortunately we need to do so quickly.

So in sum, either on extension for Thunderbird, or any other linux-based
e-mail software is needed which allows for edits to be made to incoming
mail.

Many thanks,

Regards,
Swarup