Thanks so much for the link Gaurish. But i am still lost. For all i understand
the installation thru synaptic did create an instance directory(which is needed
before zope can be run), which is /usr/lib/zope2.9/skel. There is a readme file
in skel which tells us so.
Now if i am correct there should be a file named start here in bin directory
but /usr/lib/zope2.9/skel/bin contains this:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/lib/zope2.9/skel/bin$ ls
runzope.bat.in  runzope.in  zopectl.in  zopeservice.py.in

Now i tried running all of these but to no avail. Can you guide me further
please?
thanks in advance
regards
nanbudh

Gaurish Sharma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: maybe this will help

On 9/9/07, nan budh < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:Friends,
A few hours earlier I installed zope2.9  through synaptic. all went fine except
that i cannot find anything on how to start the damn thing. i tried googling
and after 2 hours of futile search i ask for help. There is lot of stuff on
manual install and making an instance and then running some 'start" script but
nothing on how to start after a synaptic install. BTW i searched and searched
but i could not find a start script file anywhere on my filesystem.
This is where ubuntu starts becoming frustrating, when after installing
something you cannot see its icon anywhere in menus and do not know what to do
next.

any help appreciated.
regards
nanbudh