On 9/10/07, nan budh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks so much for the link Gaurish. But i am still lost. For all i
> understand the installation thru synaptic did create an instance
> directory(which is needed before zope can be run), which is
> /usr/lib/zope2.9/skel. There is a readme file in skel which tells us so.
> Now if i am correct there should be a file named start here in bin directory
> but /usr/lib/zope2.9/skel/bin contains this:
>

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/lib/zope2.9/skel/bin$ ls
> runzope.bat.in  runzope.in  zopectl.in  zopeservice.py.in
>
> Now i tried running all of these but to no avail. Can you guide me further
> please?
> thanks in advance
> regards
> nanbudh

Simple, why don't you try building Zope2.9 from source ? When it comes
to web frameworks I feel more comfortable to build it from source and
use it. I too tried the same, but buddies at #zope @ freenode asked me
to try it from source and it worked like a charm.

There are two alternate ways of running Zope. The zope book instructs
one method, but there is an alternate method with easy-install. Check
the latter method out here -
http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/zopeproject . If you have any
problems, join us at #zope (if you have the luxury of internet
connection and IRC).

I always suggest people to build from source, there is nothing hard or
tough in it. Once you do it the first time, from next time yourselves
would be preferring it. Try it once :)

--
Parthan aka Technofreak
FOSS Enthusiast and Ubuntero

People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that
they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the
first secret of success.
 ~ Dr. Norman Vincent Peale