From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of nan budh
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2007 6:54 PM
To: Ubuntu India Local Community
Subject: [ubuntu-in] Gutsy problems on Athlon

Guys please help me. suggest me what to do. i installed gutsy on athon 64
2800+. its freezing/ crashing/ becoming totally unresponsive at least half
of the times i start it up. Often it happen when there is are two programs
running like firefox and pidgeon or synaptic. Second problem is that the
desktop menu bar gets discoloured in rectangular patches. colours ranges
from gray to bright blue. at times the patch 'bleeds' down to the open
firefox window.
I am not sure but i have a feeling that if i do clean install from
alternative Cd maybe it will get resolved.
any thoughts welcome.
nanbudh
ps: during installtion i forgot to make one of my disk partitions as the
home directory. please tell me how can i do it now.

Please tell us more about the model of your machine. What motherboard?? Or
brand name etc. What graphics drivers are you using?

I hope I've understood your partition question correctly. I think you
already have a partition and you want to change your home directory to point
to that partition. If that's the case then check out this post.
http://ubuntu.wordpress.com/2006/01/29/move-home-to-its-own-partition/

Manu