When tried to open tamil-phonetic.bin, message displayed in gedit as
follows:

"Could not open the file /usr/share/scim/tables/Tamil-phonetic.bin.
gedit has not been able to detect the character coding. Please check that
you are not trying to open a binary file. Select a character coding from
the menu and try again.
Character coding : Current Locale (UTF-8)"

Valuable guidance is requested urgently.