Hello all,

I'm a student of the Ramrao Adik Institute of Technology[RAIT] located
in the DY Patil University Campus at Nerul in Navi Mumbai.I intend to
hold a demonstration and installfest of Ubuntu on 27th and 28th
respectively.

Demonstration:

On 27th,I plan to set up 4-5 machines with Ubuntu 8.04[LTS] installed
with eye candy and requisite non-free codecs and to attract people
with compiz effects [as bait to get them looking at the machines] and
natural curiosity.Allow them to play with  the machines and explain to
them the various replacements for applications they use on
Windows.Planning to
spout philosophy for the really curious. :)

Explain the features vis-a-vis Windows,career possibilities and use of
GNU/Linux in universities and companies abroad.I plan organize an
install fest next day for those interested who will sign up in a
registration book of sorts.

Installfest:

I have 28 odd Ubuntu 8.04 32 bit CDs.I plan to install for those who
bring their boxes and hand them a CD.If people can't bring their
machines,ask them to check out the installation procedure,and hand out
CDs.

If I run out of CDs(which would be known by the number of people who
sign up for the installfest the previous day),I ask them to bring
their flash stick and create a bootable image on them,provided their
boxes have USB boot capabilities.Also planning to keep a CD Writer
handy.

Where I need help in this plan is to arrange for the machines for the
first day.Ideally,I plan to have a range of specifications from low
power to highly powered rigs.

I also need experienced people to lend their expertise in framing how
to speak to people who drop in to check out the machines on the first
day and points to be covered while speaking.And,last but not least,I
need to be pointed out holes in the plan,and help with patching them.

Regards,
Easwar
Registered Linux user #442065