Hey Easwar!
It is a great idea to show demo so that people see for themselves the
usability of the software. But, how have you planned to publicize the event,
so the people know that this demo is being conducted. In case your target
audience is the resident students, you can put some posters on the campus,
or request the professors to announce about the event in the classrooms.
Hope the event turns out to be a success so that we can replicate the same
at other campuses also. Wish I could have been in Mumbai to lend you a
helping hand.
All the best!