Shivakumar Bharadhwaj,

According to yours, I am a simple PC user.
ubuntu has option to install within XP as a part of windows software. Simply
install ubuntu within Xp  just like MSword installation and it will appear
in the list of ADD/Remove of XP. If you want to uninstall, simply go to
Control panel->add/Rem. You will see there will be ubuntu enlisted on which
simply click on change/remove. Automatically removed/uninstall theubuntu and
restored to fat32/ntfc as the case may be. In personal experience this
method is better than installing thro"liveCD or direct install.
Cheers.
sriranga(76rsold)