On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 15:24:03 +0530
Mallikarjun(ಮಲ್ಲಿಕಾರ್ಜುನ್) <mallik.v.ar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>     I have firefox 3.0.11 on ubuntu machine.  From last 2 weeks I
> am facing a unique problem with firefox. It doesn't load some
> sites (randomly) and same site doesn't open in epiphany too (both
> are gecko based) after few attempts it opens but opens on first
> attempt on opera 9, also ping, trace works.
[...]

What are the sites?

What do you mean by "doesn't open" and "after few attempts it opens"
What error message does Firefox give? From your description, I take
it that the sites used to work earlier. So, did you ban cookies from
them, turn off Javascript for them with Noscript, etc.?

Regards,
Gora