If you are having the Windows restore CD supplied along with the Laptop you
can reinstall Windows without loosing any data. Also if you can mount
windows partition in Ubuntu the data files can be written to a removable
media such as flash drive or CD DVD etc. If you have accidently erased the
partition  containing data files try to get some expert advice. explore the
possibility of editing your grub files with the help of some experienced
guys, chances are that you can restore the laptop to the previous state
without loosing anything.
Ashraf Ali