On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 6:15 PM, Ramnarayan.K <ramnaraya...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 11:45 PM, Ashutosh Rishi Ranjan
> <ashutoshrish...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Macintosh is really good. Open source is amazing. But amazing is not
>> in the comparative degree. Apple has one of the most closed systems.
>> But their system is amazing. It is managed will amazing efficiency.
>
> One reason why macs are so efficient is because they have complete
> control over hardware and software and they have no need to make the
> Mac OS work with anything that is not from their stable.

Also, Don't ever forget that Mac OS is based on rock solid BSD's,
being a major factor

> That way even Wincedows is a bit better , atleast they are not
> restricting anyone in choice of hardware, the fact that most hardware
> would be Wincedows compatible is another matter.
>
> Imagine if Opensource folks had control over the device and the
> software - it would be wow. And i thing in the phone segment that is
> what is happening
>
> openmoko is an example, as there are others.

(off topic)
I dint like the example, the reason being, I had owned Openmoko,
Operating system (2009 feb version I had used, I guess) not even
usable, most important features like wifi, GPS dont work most of the
times. OS Suspends and never resume. In around 2 months of esteemed
ownership, atleast 60 times I have reinstalled OS. lol
What value does it add by have total control over hardware?