Hi

Recently a friend of mine brought a USB pen Drive (Flash Disk) of 500
GB for Rs 1500-/ from Palika Bazaar.

First I don't believe it. However i tried it on my system and checked
using df -h and it showed 500 GB (free space 498 GB)

Second its formatted to FAT 16.

So my questions
1. Incredible as it may be i refuse to belive that this small device
is actually 500 Gig  so how does one verify that. I could copy data
and i think it will give up after about 10 GIg or less, but is there
any other way

2. What is the max size a FAT 16 partition (and FAT 32) be - i think
FAT partitions have a limit

would appreciate tips.

ram
PS if i am wrong i might have to eat an hat so look forward to some
tips to beat this ridiculous sized thumbdrive