To all: This is just an academic exercise and I am not running out of space
on my HD.
So advice on the lines of "unistall apps, clear apt cache, computer janitor"
are already known to me.
Just keep the focus on "What will happen if /usr is cleared".
Pardon me if this comes across as rough. That is just not the intention.

Regards

Narendra Diwate