On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 1:57 PM, Narendra Diwate
<narendra.diw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If things worked and did not after a forced reboot in WIndows, then it could
> be hardware or something that a normal shutdown of Win should do, but is not
> because of a Forced shutdown. Look at the task manager to figure out what if
> any is preventing a clean shutdown. That cant be a hardware issue. Would
> suggest to remove, clean and reseat the HDD IF (AND ONLY IF) the unit is old
> and out of warranty. Not worth it if its going to VOID the warranty.

Brand new machine - 3 weeks old,

so under warranty, my worry is that dell will say Linux screwed up so
warranty is void

hopefully they will just recover the machine, and it will remain at that.

Maybe next time will advise my friend to us the windows boot loader to
install ubuntu. so that way if hings get messed up he still has
wincedows to recover / or to blame

me is very frustrated , upset

ram