On Tue, 2012-09-18 at 14:05 +0530, Linux Lingam wrote:
> > I may try it myself-- if it doesn't look too tough after I review your
> > posts.
> >

> Easy as pie.
>
> > And by the way: Does everything work? Sound, cursor movement and
> > control, are all the basic as well as ancillary features of the computer
> > working? Is the system stable? Is it buggy? Please let me know.
> >

> everything works. system has no bugs. even more stable than 9.04.
> dual-booting into mac osx 10.8.x and ubuntu 12.04. the mac partition also
> mounts
> in read-only when i want it to.
>
> all sensors work.
> all systems go.
>
> so just install it.

Wonderful! I'll definitely do it. Been waiting years.

Now, did you stick with the new-style default desktop Ubuntu is
providing, or did you revert it to the optional gnome desktop? I guess
once you've got it installed, it would be easy to switch as desired? I'm
just a bit hesitant about the new style without the drop-down menus of
gnome. And I like having all the open applications on the bottom panel
so I can easily see what is there and switch back and forth. (But if the
new one really is better, then perhaps I'd just need to get used to it.)

Thanks and regards,
Swarup