Hi

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 11:09 AM, Narendra Diwate <narendra.diw...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Just a random thought when i was thinking of how to restore my system to
> what it was when it was just installed.
>
> So what would happen if one were to *delete all dot files and folde*rs in
> their /home/user directory? And that is the only user on that machine.

I usually do that before reinstalling , the exceptions are my .fonts
.mozilla and a few others where some customizations may exist - like
libre-office, etc

I believe that after deleting the files when you do reboot the OS will
rebuild the critical .dot files (that exist in your /home/foo user location

ram