Hi Matthew,

On 30/06/06, Matthew East <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Sorry if I have missed a trick - I've just started reading this list,
but what are the reasons for having a contact point? I think it's
important to get those clear, because not all teams require leaders or
contacts,

We didn't discuss that in the meeting and I haven't seen any
discussion of it on the list, so I assume that it hasn't been
discussed. As I'm new to the way Ubuntu teams are organised, I have to
admit that, when the issue was raised, I assumed that teams had a
contact point by default.

Any reduction in bureaucracy and unnecessary hierarchy is welcome.
However, I do wonder if a contact point, or contact points, would be
useful within time. For example, if a third-party organisation were
looking for a press release or some data on Ubuntu, I think it would
be beneficial to have one email address that they could use to contact
the team, assuming we ever took on that sort of role for the project.

For new people to the team, it might be nice to have easy-to-contact
people who can answer questions, and have other contact, that people
may not feel comfortable putting on the public mailing list etc.

it will affect the way that the duties of the person who takes on the role are
defined.

How does it work in the Documentation Team? Looking at your wiki
pages, it appears that you don't have one person who takes a team
leader or similar role.

Thanks for raising this.

--
Matthew Revell