On Friday 28 July 2006 06:51, Melissa Draper wrote:
[snip]
> The counter wasn't initially intended to be what it has become, but I'm
> not sorry for that. If it can both advertise and gain usage data then
> I'm thrilled.
>
> I have also just sent off a mail to the -users list, as there had been
> some misconception about the point of the site. Feel free to refer to
> there for information also.
>
> --
> Sincerely
> Melissa Draper
>
> http://www.meldraweb.com
>
> Phone: 0404 595 395
>
> P.O Box 1412
> Lavington, 2641
Melissa,

I like the counter. For a couple of reasons now that this thread has started.

1. It's an Ubuntu counter, SWEET!
2. It started out for fun maybe, but it has great potential
3. This could be used as an insane marketing tool if done correctly
    * Set it up like the linux counter where a script will fill in the details
of the system, this way here a register is legit, and not someone with a
windows system doing so.
    * With that in place, set up an awards program:
          * #1,000 wins ...
          * #5,000 wins ...
     * Maybe that will encourage some switchers?

Anyways, rock with it how you want, but I like it. Even if it is fun, I still
like it. I am counted, everyone of my systems are counted! All with the Sammy
Hagar songs for names ;) Thanks Melissa, this Rocks!
--
Richard Johnson ~ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ubuntu.com <> kubuntu.com <> edubuntu.com <> xubuntu.com