From: Matthew East <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 03-Aug-2006 15:15
Subject: future of the fridge
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Now the fridge is picking up nicely, we can start thinking about what is
in store for the future of the fridge.

Personally, I think it would be nice to see the fridge grow up into the
definitive Ubuntu community website. There are a couple of things I'd
like to see happening

1. I'd like to see other Ubuntu community sites folded into the fridge.
Right now there are lots of interesting community sites, obvious ones
include planet.ubuntu.com and behindubuntu.org. I think it would be nice
to see these two sites, and potentially others, as separate sections of
the fridge, with individual rss feeds and accessible from the same url
as the fridge. I think this is important to make sure that the community
has one central and awesome site that they can look to in order to get
all their news and gossip.

2. Makeover! The look is a bit crowded right now - three columns all
packed with information. I think it would be nice to see a less crowded
frontpage, inviting the reader to explore the subsections a bit more.

3. More articles - Matthew Revell has mentioned that he'd like to see
more original articles on the Fridge, so rather than just articles which
 come from outside, something in the manner of Gnome journal, or
similar. I think this is a cool idea.

What do you all think?

p.s. I'd also like the site to have a more suitable name than "the
Fridge", but that particular boat has probably sailed already.

-- Matt