On 16/08/06, john levin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 1: Most of this data seems eminently automatable, so it might not be
> that much work.

Yeah, and I think some of it will already be available. Matthew Nuzum
- are you reading? If so, what sort of stats can we get for the Ubntu
websites, downloads from the websites, etc?

> Also, just making stats available will be an incentive for someone to
> mash them up in new and interesting ways.

True. If there were no effort involved in their compilation, I'd say
that we'd definitely want the stats. I'm gonna ask Patrick from
OpenSolaris how he compiles his material, to see if we can pick up
some tips.

--
Matthew Revell
www.understated.co.uk